Friday, May 15, 2015

weekend reading


It's been a long while since I've put together one of these posts. Somehow I fell out of blogging rhythm but hopefully it's come back starting with this post!

Have you seen Sophie's new look?

Check out Rachel Power's most excellent book The Divided Heart - Motherhood & Creativity, it's recently been re-released, I love it. Wish I'd written it myself! Rachel interviewed 22 artists who are also mothers about their creative process and how it fits (or not) with motherhood. Rachel blogs at The Rachel Papers

Pete and I recently heard Steve Biddulph author of 'Raising Boys' speak at a nearby school, Steve is an engaging speaker and still has some speaking dates left for this year that you can find here . I'll write a blog post soon about what I took away from his presentation.

With the weather cooling down here, if you're feeling crafty you might like to check Pip's latest book 'Craft for the Soul'

And while we're talking all things Pip, I bought a copy of Pip's great ebook about blogging: Shake it Up!  I'm inspired. Now to put all those good ideas into practice.

On the creative note, it's an oldie but a goodie, if you haven't ever picked up Julia Cameron's book The Artist's Way it is a great one, it took me deeper into my writing path.

A Cup of Jo is one of the first blogs I started reading all those years ago when I discovered blogs.

Cakes and Ale in Sorrento who I work with on their marketing have a new website, and coming up on Sunday May 31st a beautiful Southern French dinner as part of Taste of Sorrento. The dinner honours LuLu Peyraud, matriarch of Domain Tempier vineyard in southern France.  LuLu's provencal cuisine was adored by many including Alice Waters who travelled to LuLu's kitchen to learn from her. LuLu was renowned for her sense of hospitality, her culinary skill and passion for selling her family's wine to restaurants all over France. Cakes and Ale chef, Leilani Wolfenden will create a three course dinner of Provencal cuisine to be served along with wine from the region LuLu made so famous. To book phone: 03. 5984 4995

It's cold here. Time to put on your slippers.

Stay cosy and enjoy your weekend x

8 comments:

  1. I love Rachel's book and have lent it a million times over. It pleases me to no end that it's finally going mainstream! All creative (and possibly non-creative) mums should read it.

    Have a great weekend, Linda. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) going mainstream that makes me smile. I agree I think all mums would get a lot of it artists or not, all mums have dreams after all! Hope all is great with you x

      Delete
  2. Sadly Steve is not doing his talks in Brisbane....I do have his book sitting on my floor (How to raise boys) which I borrowed from a neighbour many months ago..I guess I need to get onto that and read it. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep an eye out on his website Kathy, he may get to Brisbane some time. He also has a Raising Boys facebook page. It is a good book, very practical, common sense good reminders of things we probably already know as parents but is good to have them spelled out. Thanks for stopping by x

      Delete
  3. Love that bowl of goodness pictured, yum! Steve Biddulph has been a great point of reference for me over the years raising our two boys...now I must get hold of his Raising Girls. And what a great inspiring link is Shake it Up! I'll be getting my virtual hands on this ebook for sure! Have a relaxing weekend, Nic Nurtures :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pumpkin and kale salad Nic with quinoa and lots of toasted seeds, really yum. Hope you had a great weekend x

      Delete
  4. Thanks, Nikki - there are some great links here! I've never found Local is Lovely OR The Rachel Papers, before - very grateful to have some new reads! Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them Kel. I always love discovering new reads too, sometimes I can do that all by myself and other times I can spend what feels like hours searching and find nothing I like. Your Clancy is at ridiculously cute age by the way! x

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I read every one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...